10.17.2010

America is my country and Paris is my hometown. -Gertrude Stein

Indeed, indeed.

Also,

"The best of America drifts to Paris. The American in Paris is the best American. It is more fun for an intelligent person to live in an intelligent country. France has only two things toward which we drift as we grow older- intelligence and good manners."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Why, thank you sir!

I should probably doing something substantial besides looking at quotes of American expats, but I can't bring myself to read since my brain feels like a fuzzy cloud floating aimlessly behind my eyeballs. I've been sick for the last few days. It's gross.

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra, I hope you rest and drink lots of fluids. I'm a bit under the weather myself. Can't seem to shake this cough and cold. Please take care of yourself. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete